Information for Visitors
Visitors must first register at the main lobby. A staff member is typically stationed at the desk. However, for your convenience, there is a bell to the left of the door in the vestibule area in the event that the receptionist is not available.
Upon arrival for your visit, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- You will be asked to provide photo identification.
- Please sign in, receive visitor badge and clearly display your badge.
- Belongings should be secured in the lockers provided. This includes but is not limited to cell phones, purses, bags, cigarettes/lighters and any outside medications. Although we recognize that many of these items may be important to you, our focus is to ensure the safety and privacy of all patients, staff and visitors.
- Due to our focus on family engagement, visits are limited to one hour on weekdays and 30 minutes on the weekends in order to accommodate all of the families and loved ones of the patients we serve.
- We can accommodate up to two visitors at a time.
- We try to accommodate as many families as possible, therefore we may not be able to provide daily visits. We will do our best to meet the requests of all families.
- If you have questions regarding visitation, please let us know – we would be happy to help.
For the safety of our patients and staff, the following items are not permitted on our units.
- Food brought from the outside
- Spray cans (aerosols) including hairspray
- Glass of any kind
- Hard plastic of any kind, including plastic cassettes, CDs and CD cases
- Razors (single edge, safety or electric)
- Makeup compacts or other compacts containing glass or mirror
- Jewelry, watches, any wearable item with any glass or metal, or pointed or sharp edges
- Any tobacco products, including smokeless products (i.e. cigarettes, pipes, pipe tobacco, tobacco substitutes such as clove cigarettes, chewing tobacco, cigars, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, etc.)
- Magnets, including games and toys containing magnets
- Paracord manufactured items
- Steel-toe boots, high-heeled shoes
- Stuffed animals, blankets or pillows brought from home
- Plastic bags or sheeting
- Scarves, belts, drawstrings in sweatpants, cords, straps, ties, hair scrunchies and shoelaces
- Head covering longer than shoulder-length (will be offered an approved alternative)
- Weapons or protection devices
- Electric appliances brought from home – hair straighteners, blow dryers and curling irons
- Electronics – tape recorders, televisions, radios, cell phones, pagers, computers, etc.
- Liquids containing alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, aftershave, hand sanitizer, facial cleansers)
- Sharp objects including scissors, knives, metal nail files, nail clippers, knitting needles, crochet hooks, sewing needles, safety pins, straight pins, bobby pins and coat hangers
- All makeup products are considered contraband (patients may have lip balm)
Monday and Wednesday – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Sunday – 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday – 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday – 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Sunday – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Treatment, Compassion and Hope
Each year, millions of people experience difficulties with behavioral health. If these problems persist, they can affect relationships, performance at work or school or even the ability to complete everyday tasks and functions. If you or a loved one is struggling and in need of behavioral health services, Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital provides treatment, resources and support.
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital offers confidential, no-cost assessments 24 hour a day, 7 days a week. Call our admissions line at 717-740-4160 to schedule an assessment today. Or, for more information about Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital, call our main intake line at 717-740-4100.